Kemer International Underwater Days
International Kemer Underwater Days (IKUD) is a week of activities organized jointly by the Underwater Archeological Research Association (ASAD) and the Foundation for the Promotion of Kemer (KETAV), whose goal is to introduce to the world the natural and the archeological beauties of the deep waters of Antalya in the Mediterranean.
The Antalya coast of the Mediterranean has hosted numerous civilizations for thousands of years, who maintained their commercial and political relationships mostly through naval routes.
As a result of this, traces of these civilizations left in the depths of the blue waters as well as the natural beauties of the area await to be discovered.
9th International Kemer Underwater Days consists of the following
activities to realize the goal of the foundations mentioned above:
1. Underwater imaging competitions;
2. Underwater documentary and film projections;
3. 9th International meeting on underwater archeology;
4. Exhibitions of underwater photography;
5. Competition and exhibitions of Children drawings;
6. “ARCHAEOLOGIST METIN PEHLIVANER award ceremony” by the Mediterranean Underwater Archaeological Research Center for those people who has had invaluable contributions to the underwater archeology of Turkey .
7. A ceremony for the competitors and visitors who participate in the competition. 8. Concerts and displays during the award ceremony for the competitors.
More information at www.kemerfest.net